Tuesday 30 August 2011

Get Ready ! Get Set! Go!!!!!!!!!

This is my place, my very special place to share and explore my journey of overcoming obesity.  I have struggled with obesity my entire life.  I have struggled with other issues as well, but I am healthy in all of those areas now.  I do no abuse my body in any way... any way except eating way too much food!  I have a layer of fat that surrounds my body that symbolizes past traumas, current fears and future limitations.  I want to break this cycle.  I am determined to take the next 8 months (September 1, 2011- April 26th, 2011) to lose 52lbs and get re-certified as a Fitness Leader at the gym ( www.ladiesonlyfitness.ca) that I work at.  I am going to share not only the logistics of how I will do this, but also what tools and steps I take to attack the true problem: my emotional binge eating disorder.  I will not use any prescription or over-the-counter weight loss medications.  I will not get a lap belt or have gastric by-pass surgery.  I will do it through changing my habits, exercising and eating healthy based on the Canada Food Guide.  I am a 29 year old pre-med student, mother of 2 beautiful girls and this is my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment